Sunday, 14 January 2018

Name that produce

Ruth and I went shopping today and were frustrated for 10 minutes looking for the applesauce . . . not in canned fruit, not in dried fruit, not in snacks. I thought I had gotten over my frustration at not being able to find things in Australian grocery stores, but here I was again, lost.

Inspired by our frustration, Ruth said, "Let's take pictures of all the signs of things that have different names in Australian than in American and blog them. So here they are. Message me if you want to take a guess. No fair Googling or answering if you've lived in Australia before or currently, but totally fair if I've bitched to you about how many new words I've had to learn, because that means you're a good friend for listening to me. The prices and weights *might* help. Maybe. Keep in mind it's summer here now.

Item 1:




Item 2:



Item 3:



Item 4:



Item 5:




Item 6: 




First person to get all six correct, or the person to get the most right in a week wins some delicious Killer Pythons in their mailbox in about two weeks. No really, they're yummy. Remember, don't use Google, just give me your best guess. Answers published in a week.

Oh, and where was the applesauce? In the sauce aisle. With the mayonnaise, the ketchup, the barbecue sauce, the Worcester sauce, the soy sauce. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment