Full disclosure: I walked.
![]() |
Warm-up for Blue (Gwynton) House |
![]() |
Warm-up for Yellow House (called New) |
My school's run was in a park called Gardiners Creek Reserve, about a kilometre from the school. We walked down, ran 2.8 km around the creek, walked back, had a barbeque. In between, there was an inter-house competition for best warm-up, best spirit (measured by wearing of the colours and number of house members running and finishing and not taking shortcuts), and trophies for the top finishers in each age group for boys and girls, plus an overall winner for the girls and boys.
Full disclosure: I took a shortcut. Because when I took this picture I was the very last girl, until some girls started trying to pick up the uni boys who were walking to school near us, and that slowed them down. I was so far behind I thought I'd get lost. This is one energetic student body.
![]() |
Golden Wattle likes the cold winter weather. |
![]() |
In the finish chute. |
Back at school, the catering students grilled up hundreds of sausages which they sold for $1 each, proceeds to benefit the upcoming mission to Cambodia that about 30 students are going on. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon at work.





No comments:
Post a Comment