Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Cool stuff from Australia this week . . .

A random assortment of things that made me happy this week.


The jacaranda tree is native to the Caribbean islands, but they were transplanted all over the world.  Melbourne is chock full of them, and they are all blooming now.  I am obsessed with these gorgeous trees.  I want to build a house here just to fill the yard with jacarandas, then I will live outside for as long as they are blooming.

Add caption
Isaac dug this up in our back garden.  He and Joel soaked it in vinegar and table salt to clean it.  Australia doesn't even use pennies anymore - the smallest current coin is a 5c piece.  I put an American penny next to it for size comparison.  In case you can't read the writing, it says Australia Penny 1956.




Found this in the supermarket.  Turkeys are small here.  They wrapped it in bacon to make up for the size deficiency.

My new FWB card.  Joel was all, "Exactly what's in that baklava?"


Know your market . . .

 


Summer fruit season!  Yay!

Finally, a huge kol ha'kavod to Ruth's teachers who put together the best singing/dancing/instrumental music trifecta of a concert.  I'm so impressed.  Thank you for all your hard work.  (Sorry there was no video - I tried but haven't perfected loading long videos into the blog.  Stay tuned, as I learn new skills.)


Such cuteness!





2 comments:

  1. I'll take a shave and a beer. My legs need it... oh, not that kind of shave, huh?! And, I'd like a friends with benefits card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, I don't think you need the card; you do just fine on your own ;) How cool would it be if we could get our legs shaved for us?

    ReplyDelete